You can easily create an adress book in WordPress following these steps:
- Download the free version of Contact List from the WordPress plugin repository
- Install it on your WordPress site
- Add some contacts with addresses from the contact management
- Add the shortcode [contact_list] to any page on your site
- Your address book is ready, in it’s simplest form
After installing the plugin, you’ll find the contact management on All Contacts -page, under Contact List in the WordPress admin area. You can add as many contacts as you want by clicking the Add New -button.
Screenshot 1: contact management
From contact management, you can open a contact for editing by clicking the contact’s name. Then the following view will be opened:
Screenshot 2: edit a contact
You can fill in the data that is essential for you (there are more fields below). Only the last name -field is mandatory. After you publish the contact, the data will be publicly listed on your site.
Adding the address book on a page
After you have added the necessary contact and their address data, you can add the shortcode [contact_list] to the editor of any page or post. When you open the page after saving, the address book is there.
Contact List PRO
The Pro version has some additional features, and is actively developed based on feedback from users.
Some of the features in the Pro version are:
- Multiple different shortcodes/views for various use cases
- Support for pagination
- Contact database may be built with publicly available form
- 6 custom fields and WYSIWYG editor
- Font Awesome icons
- Many settings available for customization
- Send email to all contacts or contacts in a specific group
- Import contacts from CSV file
- Export contacts to a CSV file
- Customize fields in any way: change titles and hide specific fields from public form or admin area
- reCAPTCHA support